A message from Juli Goff
¡Bienvenidos! This is my page to be able to explain what is happening with
Se Habla…La Paz or officially “Academia de Idiomas de La Paz, S.C.”
Having started this wonderful endeavor in 1999, it has been quite a learning journey for me. Coming from an administrative and medical background, I was prepared for a challenge: and what a challenge it has been!
In the past 17 years, thousands of students have passed through these doors, both here and thru our SKYPE program, and have taken away a heightened appreciation of the language and culture of Mexico. It has been incredible to watch and listen to all who have had a learning experience like no other. The student satisfaction has been remarkable and for that we have been blessed and rewarded for our hard work and dedication to the craft. The friendships that have developed are indeed priceless for me and my staff.
Additionally, it has been so rewarding to be a part of the Mexican and foreign business community and to be recognized for our excellence in teaching and sharing the culture of Mexico. The world and Mexican economy have forced highs and lows for us and as a small business, we have had to respond in a manner to stay afloat and we did.
Now it is time to pass on the baton. It is time for me to retire in the community that I call home. Like most professionals, we watch for signs that indicate a change is needed. And now is the moment for me to start the next chapter of my life. This is a personal decision, not motivated by economics, physical nor emotional issues. It is just time to turn the page.
This business is solid with upward trends in all aspects:
- Tourism is growing with La Paz leading in eco-tourism.
- The government is supportive of new businesses and processes are easier than before.
- The city is economically improving and business is good despite the US State Department warnings about cartel violence here and around Mexico.
- 75% of our students come from referrals from former students and local businesses. And, 20% of our overall population are returning students who love coming to this part of the world and studying with us.
Our webpage, despite its age, continues to get traffic, social media is a great marketing and publicity strategy and our community involvement with the cultural presentations and philanthropic work is a significant plus. And, with these good points, there are more things that could be done to increase traffic and generate interest in our programs. I have a list.
The missing factors are: fresh energy, new skills, creativity and time.
Here are the 2 options presented for sale:
- A. The intellectual property “Academia de Idiomas de La Paz, S.C.” and all the resources to be located in the property of the new owner(s).
B. The intellectual property PLUS the home at Francisco I. Madero #540.
- I will be happy to discuss details with those seriously interested in acquiring this business. We have a 5 year prospectus ready for review to those who want to take the leap.
It has been a life-enhancing experience for me and it could be all that and more if the right people come along. Here is an article if you wish to learn more about me: page 6 of www.bajacitizen.com/Editions/TBCJanuary2016.pdf.
If you dont have Acrobat Reader, you can find the story in the online edition at http://www.bajacitizen.com/se-habla-a-la-paz-success-story/.